Skip to main content

Featured

Why do I prefer container gardening?

Almost all my plants are kept in containers - any shape and size! A lot of people do prefer to garden in raised beds, the soil can keep its quality better year after year in the ground.  But I prefer to use a different container for each plant! Keep reading to hear my pros and cons for container gardening. u/Longjumping-Quit7471, u/Living-Valuable-376, u/Parking-Bit-9217, u/RaintreeJames   What is container gardening? Container gardening is keeping all your plants in pots. It's ideal for if you don't have much space, or for me it works better! For beginners it's a good way to start, you don't need to buy much.  Weeding your plants is much easier: With only the space in the container, it's easier to keep up with weeding. As I’m weeding more often, I find the roots don't get a chance to develop, and they pull out easier. I can avoid the pesky mosquitoes in the summer: Mosquitos are the devil in the summer! Where I still have some beds, over the winter I can't

Over 30 Roses You Need In Your Cottage Garden

Photo via Canva
Roses are the perfect flowers to add beauty and romance to your timeless cottage garden. This list gives you roses with unusual colours, traditional beauty, compact growth for those with limited space, and the most fragrant blooms!

 

Roses with unusual colour

Add some more exciting colour to your garden with these unusual rose varieties!

Old/Traditional English Roses to buy

Old/Traditional English Roses are ideal for the perfect cottage garden look.

Small shrub roses

Small roses are best for small spaces, and for potting. A great choice when starting with growing roses


Strong scented rose

Strong scented roses are my favourites! The beautiful smell will fill your garden

Lush climbing and rambling roses

Perfect for growing up a wall or over a trellis as they are easy to tie and are flexible!


Thank you for taking the time to read this post, suggestions welcome!

Nate

Comments

Popular Posts